Thursday, December 1, 2011

Alexus's Vignette

                           I was about 3-4 years old when I first went on vacation to Saint Louis, Missouri with my parents. I really didn’t know how the trip was going to turn out, I didn’t know if I was going to like it or not. The drive from New York to Missouri was about 18-19 hours, but to me it felt like days. Being stuck in a minivan for 18-19 hours wasn’t very fun at all. But when we were going I saw some really nice things on the way, I was amazed what everything looked like.  Finally after hours and hours of driving we were finally there and I was so happy I couldn’t wait for my mom to open the door so I could run around and stretch my legs like any other 3-4 year old would. We got to our hotel where we were staying for the next week, the people at the front desk greeted us with a big smile and said “welcome to Crowne plaza how can we help you?”  While my dad was checking us in my dad asked my mom to call his friends who live in the area, Ricardo and his wife Lorena and his other friend Fernando and his wife Joselyn.  
            After we settled in we went to meet up with Ricardo, Lorena, Fernando, and Joselyn, they couldn’t believe how big I’ve gotten I started getting hungry so we went out to lunch we ate at a pizzeria it was good but not as good as New York pizza. After we had a late lunch we decided to go back to the hotel and go swimming it was so much fun, I didn’t want it to end. We went back up to our room to change out of our dripping wet bathing suits, then we got ready to go out for dinner at a really nice place it was beautiful. The past couple days we’ve been sightseeing, Saint Louis looks similar to New York city but doesn’t have a he arch going across, at night you could see the city out of our window it looked like a whole bunch of stars glowing up the night. The last day we were there we went to the Arch with my dad’s friends, it was so cool how we could go in the Arch and look over the city, and it was amazing how everything looked so beautiful from 630 feet in the air. You could see about 1-2 miles from the top of the arch, it was such a great experience to be able to go and see things in Saint Louis. And every time I look at the pictures from the trip I’ll always remember the feeling like I was on top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment